1. Dominic Walmsley Limited is incorporated as a Private Limited Company in England. The web site contents, terms and conditions and all contracts formed between Dominic Walmsley Limited and users shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with English Law.
2. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
3. To order goods you must be at least 18 years of age.
4. By clicking the ‘Buy’ button to submit your order on the checkout screen you are offering to buy the goods at the price stated subject to our terms and conditions.
5. For goods shipped outside the UK, you will be liable for any local or importation taxes or costs due on your purchase.
6. We have the right, at our discretion, to refuse to supply goods you order.
7. Goods are subject to availability. If we do not supply the goods we will refund any money already paid. We will not be liable for compensation or damages if we do not supply goods.
8. A binding contract is formed only when you receive confirmation from us that your order is accepted.
9. We aim to deliver within the time scales stated although at times delivery may be subject to conditions outside of our control. All delivery times are approximate and we will not be held liable for any compensation or damages as a result of late or non-delivery.
10. If we are unable to deliver within our normal delivery time we will contact you immediately to agree a new delivery date. If we are unable to agree a new date we will refund any money paid by you for the goods. You have the right to contact us if we do not deliver within the time-scales outlined on the Delivery Information below.
11. Please check the goods on delivery. If goods are delivered damaged or faulty you must inform us within 10 days of delivery and we will arrange collection and replacement at our cost. If you do not inform us within 10 days we shall have no liability for goods said to be damaged on delivery. This does not affect your statutory rights.
12. You will only own the goods once we have received payment in full. You will be responsible for the goods once delivery is made or delayed by you at delivery.
13. Our Money Back Guarantee will apply on delivery if all guarantee conditions are satisfied. Where the contract is terminated or the Guarantee applies we will refund to you all sums paid by you and you will return the goods in their original and unused condition together with their packaging and your receipt details.
14. To return goods please follow the returns procedure. We do not accept liability for the costs of return, returns damaged in transit or not received by us.
15. Every care has been taken in the preparation of the content of this web site. However, as far as is permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied as to the accuracy of information contained herein.
16. We do not accept any responsibility for any web site not under our control, which may act as a portal for our site, or be connected by hypertext links from our site.
17. If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be excluded and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions.
18. Any disputes not resolved by the normal complaints pr ocedure will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England & Wales under English Law.
19. These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without prior notice to you. We recommend that you print and keep a copy of these terms and conditions.
Returns Procedure Our aim is your total satisfaction and if you are unhappy with your order, for any reason, please contact us immediately. To organise an exchange or refund please call Telephone 020 7250 0125, Email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Customer Care – Returns, Dominic Walmsley Jewellery, Studio 2, 21 Clerkenwell Green, London EC1R 0DP. Returned goods should be unused and in their original packaging. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
Delivery Policy Items in stock will be despatched within 3 days by special delivery. However, most items not in stock will be despatched within 21 days (but usually sooner). For urgent orders please contact us on 020 7250 0125 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
This website is operated by Dominic Walmsley Jewellery Ltd. We take your privacy very seriously therefore we urge to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information about on:
- who we are,
- how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information,
- your rights in relation to your personal information, and
- how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event that you have a complaint.
Who we are
Dominic Walmsley Jewellery Ltd (‘we’ or ‘us’) collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data protection Regulations which apply across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
- a) Personal information you provide to us
We collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
Some examples of when we collect this information include:
When making a purchase
When making an enquiry
b) Personal information you provide about third parties
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you:
shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data;
shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf; and
shall consent on their behalf to the transfer of their personal data abroad.
How we use your personal information
We collect information about our users for the following purposes:
To process your order
To send promotional material
To contact you regarding an order
Who your information may be shared with
We may share your information with:
Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
We will not share you personal information with any other 3rd parties.
We would like to send you information about products, services, offers, competitions and our business which may be of interest to you. Such information could be sent by post, email, telephone, text message or automated call.
We will ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages on the first occasion that you provide any relevant contact information (i.e. on purchase, signing up to a newsletter, entering a competition etc). If you do opt in to receive such marketing from us you can opt out at any time (see ‘What rights do you have?’ below for further information). If you have any queries about how to opt out, or if you are receiving messages you do not want you can contact us using the details provided below.
Whether personal information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The provision of the following information is required from you:
This is to enable us to do the following:
Ensure that your order is sent to the right address
We have a reference for future enquiries/queries
We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold your personal information for the following periods:
Name and Address for 6 years to satisfy UK tax law
Email and Phone Number – Until we are advised by you to destroy it
These periods are no longer than necessary in each case.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on the following as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information:
Keeping your information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will also use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure. These measures may include the following examples:
All data is stored on secure servers
Payment Details are encrypted using SSL
We are certified to ISO 27001. This family of standards helps us manage your information and keep it safe and secure.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Indeed, while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
We will not transfer your personal information outside of the EEA at any time.
What rights do you have?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further informaiton on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (http://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/)
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please:
- email, call or write to us
- let us have enough information to identify you
- let us have proof of your identity (a copy of your driving license, passport or a recent credit card/utility bill)
- let us know the information to which your request relates
From time to time we may also have other methods to unsubscribe (opt-out) from any direct marketing including for example, unsubscribe buttons or web links. If such are offered, please note that there may be some period after selecting to unsubscribe in which marketing may still be received while your request is being processed.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us by:
Dominic Walmsley Jewellery Ltd
3 The Square
Kent TN13 2AA
telephone: 01732 779555
Calls will be answered at the following times:
Tuesday – Saturday – 10am – 5pm